Friday, August 14, 2015
Well is it really deserving for the scooters to call as Titans? Yes It's true that these guys are really titans?
With the huge 150cc engines in scooters packed with excellent juice of horse power blended with very good torque.
Our comparison on these bikes sorry Titans is classified based on five aspects:
1. Engine: It might look like there is no difference between engine size between these bikes but really it makes difference. Honda even when smaller in engine size managed to make sure that there is no feeling of less power or pulling power. Anyhow Honda did not win in this aspect. Hero's 157cc engine wins!
2. Design/Styling: Style of both the bikes are almost same however Hero's beefy look adds few more points to the looks of the bike. More over Hero has a smaller wheels compared to Honda PCX150 however the looks were not sacrificed. Hero took a bold decision to beef up the bike which eventually increased its weight, so what the extra engine cc will match it up in the race. So again Hero Zir wins!!!
3. Engine Performance: Honda leader in making efficient engines and Hero just borrowed their knowledge and still with the borrowed knowledge they have not overcome Honda. Honda PCX is the true winner none can beat the initial pickup honda provided and the smooth engine still. Honda wins! (Hands down! :))
4. Mileage: Since we don't expect much from a scooter, both Honda and Hero promises 50kmpl+ for both vehicles. However for our analysis we assumed Honda's mileage as 48kmpl and Hero's mileage as 45kmpl (considering engine size and weight). Well so who won? Hero!!!
What??? Why??? Range that we are going to travel is going to be increased because of its 9l fuel tank compared to 8l in honda. Hero ZIR provides a range of ~380kms with guage from full tank to empty for which Honda PCX can provide only ~310kms (considering 1.5L reserve for both the bikes)
5. Value for money: Not sure what is going to be the price. From the Independent websites who estimates the Honda PCX's price to be 70-90,000. However the price of the product in USA Market starts from $3500 which proves the figures shown by independent websites are fake and if at all it is launched in Indian its price should ~2.5Lacs.
Coming back to Hero - Am pretty sure Hero is going to make sure that they keep the prices less than 1L and by any means it is going to be the best value bike your money can get.
HERO ZIR is the winner.
Get your bike once it is available in Hero Showroomssss!
Finally a competent scooter from TVS competing with Honda and Suzuki. Before starting with details about this scooter, we shall learn few technical terms.
Honda activa, Suzuki access and Jupiter are actually variomatic scooters (Well they have a automatic transmission engines) so what is different? Unlike our regular Gear transmission we step up the gears to switch to higher gears. Where as these variomatic transmission scooters there is no such steps instead the single gear itself continuously moves to reflect our multiple gear vehicles.
Well with this knowledge about transmission, let's see what this vehicle has got?
- Engine Capacity: 110cc engine
- Output Power: 7.88bhp @7500rpm
- Torque: 8nm @5500rpm
Woah... wait!!! Isn't it the same package that came with Wego??? Yes, it is the marketing strategy to bring in a scooter which is just a cosmetic remake of Wego. So what can we say, has it overtaken Wego - of course yes! This one is the better version of Wego. Is it better than Activa and Access and the answer is No. Activa and Access has the same position above Jupiter.
Mileage claimed to be 62Kmpl (Honestly? TVS???)
Expect ~50Kmpl on highways and ~45 on city roads - Thanks to a very well improved CVT transmission the vehicle seems to much more smoother compared to Wego.
"Bike of the Year 2013" - Is it really true? Hmm... not sure. From the real performance perspective pretty skeptical. TVS still has many places to improve especially interms of providing features.
5 years warranty and 1hr service guarantees is pretty impressive however from the scooter's perspective this is not something new.
Not the same line, we need something new, something innovative... Like how Apache entered sports bike market bring something new. All the best TVS!!!
Over all Rating :7/10
The Indian bikes are mainly concentrated on Mileage bikes because of the ever increasing fuel price. Only the bikes with good mileage gets...
According to Indian Biking and the Environmental condition, I would like to suggest 3 Engine Oil Brands according to my knowledge. Castro...
It gives me immense pleasure to make a review about the 100cc bike segment which is in matured stage (moreover we can call it is in Declin...
As discussed, 100cc segment bikes with the Economy its clear. Now considering the performance the order will be shuffled. The Performance h...
Pulsar 180 vs Apache RTR 180 Ofcourse it's really a difficult task to ompare two great warriors who are rebels knocking out meach other...
Suzuki Fiero was the first 150cc 4-Stroke bike launched in India. The Bike was the best 150c bikes of that time. Even when the CBZ powered ...
The New Yamaha FZ-S, is nothing but the modified Yamaha FZ-16. Th major draw backs of the very naked bike has been rectified in the new FZ-S...
Hi All, Happy to see you all after a long break. This time lets speak about the engine oils. Everyone owning a bike has their concern ...
Most of us have confusion about choosing the bike. Some prefer bikes with lesser mileage and some prefer bikes which provides lesser milea...
Review follows very soon...